About Me!

Hi all! I'm Grace Shaw, and I'm currently an English Education Major at Florida State University. I've always had a passion for teaching, although as a kid with two younger sisters it was usually teaching them how to do the dishes for me. But in all seriousness, I dream of a day where I can have my very own classroom where I can teach all the new beautiful faces coming through high school every year. One of the things that first sparked my passion for teaching was when I first watched Dead Poets Society as a kid. I know a bit heavy for a 10-year-old. And I know that movie wasn't necessarily about teaching and rather was about what was being taught and how the kids were learning but the idea of being able to have an impact on others in that way is fascinating to me. Anyways, about me. I am 19 years old, living currently in Florida to finish my bachelor's degree. I plan to move much closer to my hometown of Canandaigua, NY to finish schooling and attain my master's at Nazareth College. I currently have 2 dogs, Duchess and Luna, a Doberman-lab mix and Border Collie, respectively, and a cat named Steve. I also share a Siberian Husky, named Harlow with my boyfriend. I enjoy reading, specifically Colleen Hoover, love my romance novels. I love movies of all kinds, coloring, cooking, and working out. I'm a huge fan of the Buffalo Bills, #BILLSMAFIA, and I also love all kinds of animals if you hadn't noticed. I currently work as a two-year-old teacher at a daycare. In my free time I go out with friends, and host lots of wine nights!

My Technology Experience 

I am not personally familiar with using technology and or blogging for that matter. I actually struggled a lot just making this post and blog page. I am familiar with using computers and educational resources like library search engines, Canvas, and Schoology given that most of these are required to be used in schools in this day in age. I personally would rather to still be learning off a chalkboard as terrible as that may sound to some of you. 

My Personal Learning Network

Like I said earlier I work as a two-year-old daycare teacher, and while that is not the age group that I'd want to be teaching someday I think it can a really valuable place to make connections in the educational world. My mom is also a teacher, so I also really value the ability to learn from someone so close to me. Florida State University also has a number of resources available for students to connect within their career focus. One of the best things about technology, as much as I struggle with it, is that no matter where in the world you are things like social media give you the opportunity to interact with people with your same interests or goals in mind. I love using TikTok and Twitter to do so. 



My boyfriend Tanner and our dog Harlow

Luna

Duchess

Me(left) and my friend Hanna(right)


"IMG_7195" by Locobone is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.


Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading this post but I do not understand why the last image fits in with the post. I did however love seeing the pictures of your animals. I enjoy the overall design of your blog and the quote that you have on your home page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this post made me giggle and I really enjoyed the pictures of your beautiful puppies. I feel the same that I have always wanted to be a teacher. Although my reasoning is a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post was a lot of fun and seeing your dogs was very nice! I wanted to ask what grade level do you want to work with in the future, instead of working with 2 year olds? Do you have a desire to teach a specific novel or writer in your future classes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 3

Blog Journal 7

Blog Post 6