Blog Journal 7

Bonjour! I hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend just as much as I am. Today I'm going to talk about school websites, personal technology use, PB Works, and Twitter. 

School Websites



If you click on the above photograph you can see the link to the website. 

School websites are a great tool to connect with teachers as students or parents. Here we can see information regarding school events like bookfairs, sports events, etc. We can also navigate through teacher information about class activities and a tentative course schedule. As a student or parent more information may be available via login information, but this can be helpful to those who do not have this information. 

Future Classroom Technology Use

I would love to someday be given the opportunity to create my own class website. I think this is a great way for everyone to get information. I think that I would use a website in place of handing out papers all the time, for example monthly newsletters. I also would want to use programs like Underlined for students to use when conducting peer review. This is a collaborative tool that allows students to leave feedback. I would also love for my students to use programs like Canva to conduct presentations and other creative homework and assignments. 

Wiki Platforms



This past week we used PB Works to create a collaborative Wiki page. I honestly HATED using PB Works. I love the concept of creating an informative webpage, and I was able to use Canva for the design aspect of the project, but PB Works itself was very confusing and overwhelming to use. I did not like the layout of it, and I found it was relatively inaccessible. I cannot see myself ever implementing this program in my own classroom. 

Twitter Days of the Week Challenge

The Twitter Days of the Week Challenge was posted as an optional participation assignment for class last week. I did not find myself participating in this as I was completely overwhelmed with assignments between all of my classes. As we're coming up on spring break and midterms I have had multiple major assignments due. I would have loved to have participated in it as it seemed like a lot of fun, but just did not have the time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 3

Blog Journal 4

Blog Journal 10